This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Read the full disclosure.
This post is part of MILK SUPPLY series. You may check out other posts in this series:
- 20+ Things I Did To Boost My Milk Supply
- 10 Ways To Increase Milk Supply Naturally
- How To Increase Milk Supply While Pumping
- 10+ Herbs to Increase Your Milk Production
- 10 Foods To Boost Your Milk Supply
- Protein Powder to Increase Milk Production
- 8 Things That Cause Your Milk Supply Suddenly Drops | And What To Do About It
- How to stop Supplementing with Formula
- How to Stop Supplementing For Working Mom
The emptier the breast, the faster your milk production is.The fuller the breast, the slower it is.
Consider hands-free pumping setup (such as using Freemie cups + a silent portable pump) so that pumping won’t disturb your work. I understand not all moms like Freemie, or perhaps some moms think Freemie may not empty the breast that well, but the point here is to get your milk out, so it signals your brain that you still need more milk.
Pump while commuting. I’ve talked to a lot of moms who do pumping while commuting, be it while driving or public transport. It can be done, you just need to practice.
Extra pumping at home. Try to sneak pumping in the morning before work / at night after the baby sleeps.
Nurse more at home. If you can’t pump at home, try to nurse your baby more often at home. Remember, the more milk out, the more milk is produced.