This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Read the full disclosure.
Have you been in a dilemma on which breast pump you should choose? I bet you want to have a good quality breast pump for effective pumping. At the same time, you crave for portability. A compact pump that you can bring anywhere without a need for a special bag.
Unfortunately, most breast pumps are either portable (but not strong and comfortable enough for emptying breast) or have hospital-grade strength but bulky.
Now, what if I tell you that your dream breast pump exists. A breast pump that offers hospital-grade strength yet compact and portable.
Let me introduce you to Super Genie breast pump from Pumpables. From the beginning, I can see that Pumpables always strives to offer the best for pumping mamas. Previously, they offered Milk Genie breast pump (you can read my review here), and now they produce its hospital-grade breast pump called Super Genie.
Curious? This Super Genie breast pump reviews will discuss in detail all things you need to know about this particular pump. I will cover its features, 7 reasons why I think you’ll love this pump, pros and cons, plus my personal experience pumping with Super Genie.
Disclosure: this is not a sponsored post. I bought Super Genie on my own so that I can provide unbiased review about the pump and its performance.
This article is part of Pumpable breast pumps series. Other articles in this series include:
Table of Contents
What is Super Genie Breast Pump
Super Genie breast pump is a hospital grade breast pump from Pumpables. It features highly flexible settings, Bluetooth app control, and other features so that it helps you to get the best and effective pumping experience.
- Pump type: double electric, hospital-grade
- Built-in battery: yes
- Flange size: comes with liquid insert (choose your size before ordering)
- Vacuum setting: 5 levels for massage mode, 16 levels for expression mode
- Cycle speed setting: independent from vacuum setting
- Weight: 1.1 kg
- Where to buy: Pumpables website (Use my referral code SHOP10-FIFTARINA to get 10% discount)
What You Get Out Of The Box
- Pump motor
- Charger (include plugs for various country)
- Shield assembly (pump flanges) x2
- Liquid insert x2 (you will need to specify the size when you order the pump): available size as of now: 21 mm, 25 mm, 29 mm
- Shield cover x2
- Backflow prevention part (seal diaphragm x2 and seal cap x2)
- Wide-neck bottle x2
- Bottle lid x2
- Bottle cap x2 and teat x2 for feeding purpose
- Tubing x4
- Bottle collar (so that you can use standard-neck bottle) x2
- Bottle stand x2
7 Reasons Why YOU WILL LOVE Super Genie Breast Pump
- More varieties of speed and suction strength
This feature makes Super Genie much more superior compared to other breast pumps in the market. Unlike other pump with limited setting (max 12 vacuum setting and 5 cycle speed variation), Super Genie offers up to 16 vacuum strength levels and up to 16 cycle speed setting, wow! Here are the details:
- Massage mode: cycle speed between 72-104 CPM (9 speeds), vacuum strength 1-5
- Expression mode: cycle speed between 40-70 CPM (16 speeds), vacuum strength: 1-16 on lower cycle speed and 1-11 on higher cycle speed.
Amazing, right! This certainly helps to cater various preferences of pumping moms. A lot of moms do better with high-vacuum low-speed, for example, while other group responds better to high-vacuum high-speed (me included). Personally, I get pumping done faster with Super Genie due to its better cycle speed setting.
- Liquid insert for better pumping comfort
Super Genie breast pump comes with liquid insert. It is somehow similar to silicon flange or silicon massage cushion, but feels softer. The design makes it much more flexible in terms of enclosing the nipple and areola, closely mimicking how a baby suckles. Certainly, this liquid insert is one of the reason why pumping with Super Genie feels much more comfortable.
- Most compact hospital grade breast pump!
Even though it is a hospital-grade pump, but it is not bulky at all. Yes, it may be heavy, but the design is compact, making it a great choice even for moms pumping on the go. Just see how it compares with Spectra S1 below.
- Record and use your personalized pump setting
Similar to Milk Genie Plus, Super Genie breast pump also comes with pump program feature. The pump allows us to record our individual pump setting and store it in the memory. You can save up to 2 different pump programs. So you may use one for your regular pump session and another one for power pumping, just for example.
- Easy to use app to control pump setting.
Super Genie has its own app that enables you to control the breast pump from your mobile phone. Once the pump is paired to the app (using bluetooth), you can easily control the pump setting (such as switching between massage and expression mode, turning the vacuum / cycle speed up and down), and create your very own pumping program and save it inside the app.
|Manual Pumping Mode||Creating New Program|
I found creating the pump program very easy and intuitive. And if you are not sure what setting to use, there’s some default pump program that you can try out. Perfect for new pumping mamas. Using this pumping app, it is also possible to share and import pumping programs that you get from other pumping moms. Inside the Pumpables community, you will find a lot of pump programs being shared for various purposes, from emptying boob fast, power pumping, removing clogged ducts, and many more. It is such an eye opener to see different pump settings that work for different pumping moms.
- Great support and community
Pumpables has fitting room service for any mamas needing help with flange fitting. There is also a Facebook group so that you can ask questions regarding your breast pump, pump setting and get answered quickly. I love how active the members of the group in supporting each other.
- Complete accessories.
I love how Super Genie breast pump comes with complete accessories. Among my favorites are:
- Funnel cover. This cover is very practical for storing the pump flanges in between pumping sessions.
- Bottle adaptor. Even though Super Genie original bottles are wide-neck, the inclusion of bottle adaptor means you can use standard-neck bottles for pumping, too.
- Various charging plugs to fit various countries. This is a small thing, but Super Genie breast pump comes with various charging plugs. Whether you are living in the USA, Europe, Singapore or other countries around the world, rest assured that you can charge your Super Genie pump easily.
- Long-lasting built-in battery. It can lasts up to 2.8-hour pumping, so you don’t need to charge in between sessions.
- Better design of backflow prevention. I remember with Spectra, my backflow protector is easily unplugged when I move around. Not the case anymore with Super Genie.
- Less parts to clean up since the duckbill valve is integrated with liquid insert.
- Night-light feature. This is especially useful if you pump in the middle of the night. You can choose 2 brightness levels for the night light.
|Night Light On||Night Light Off|
- Limited size available for liquid insert. At the moment, there are only 3 different sizes (21, 25, 29 mm) available for liquid inserts. This is certainly a bummer for pumping mothers needing extra large or extra small size. However, I heard that more sizes are being produced, but it will still be a few months from now.
- Liquid insert is easily out of stock. I think this shows how useful liquid insert is, but that also means you need to stock up while you can.
- Super Genie does not memorize your last pump setting (if you operate it in manual mode – not stored program). In this case, when you switch from massage to expression mode and vice versa, the level goes back to the lowest level. It’s a little bit annoying to increase the level and speed again every single time. The work around for this at the moment is to set up your pump program that you can use it every single time.
- May take a few times of practice to assemble the pump parts. Two things that I needed to practice in putting together: putting the liquid insert inside the flange and making sure the backflow prevention parts fit nicely. It took time at first to make sure everything is connected well. But once you get the hang of it, it will be easier.
- I wish the charging cable is more universal just like Baby Buddha or Freemie Liberty.
My Personal Experience
I’m in love!
First, the way they package the breast pump and all the pump parts is very thoughtful. A quick user guide laid on top of the pump is very handy, we don’t need to flip through the manual to find out how to use it (great for mamas who want to try right away like me).
As I started the pump, there’s no discomfort at all, thanks to the soft liquid inserts. I quickly tried the higher speed level and to my surprise, it helped me getting much faster let-down (I got my first and second let-downs in one minute or less!) This is such a different experience compared to other breast pumps. With Medela or Spectra, I need to do something extra to get faster let down, such as combination of nipple stimulation and watching baby videos. But with this pump, I can rely solely to it’s massage mode to get my let-down.
The expression mode itself is very good, too. I can tune up to the higher vacuum level without any discomfort and there are more speed setting available compared to other pump.
This is the setting that works well for me (note: every mom is different so please try other setting too to see which one works best for you).
- Massage mode: vacuum level 5, cycle speed 104 CPM
- Expression mode: vacuum level 12, cycle speed 42 CPM
(Switch to expression mode once milk starts flowing – mine is around 1-minute mark, and switch to massage mode again once milk flow slows down).
All in all, pumping done faster and mama is happy!
Who Is This Breast Pump For
This breast pump is certainly a good fit for moms planning to pump regularly. Its powerful and flexible setting make it a perfect pump companion to moms having difficulty in expressing milk. So if you are among:
- Moms planning to pump regularly at work
- Exclusive pumping moms
- Twin moms
- Moms who need to pump frequently to establish good milk supply
Then I highly recommend you to try Super Genie breast pump.
Super Genie breast pump from Pumpables is truly a game changer.
It combines the comfort and strength of a hospital-grade breast pump, allowing mothers to pump breast milk with ease. Not only that, it is programmable. Once you find your perfect setting, you can use it again and again right from the recorded program, or right from the app!
I personally love the cycle speed variations. For me, the cycle speed setting has been proven to help with faster let-down reflex and faster pumping.
All in all, I believe Super Genie breast pump is a great investment for pumping mothers who want to reach their pumping goals.
I hope this Super Genie breast pump reviews help you to decide whether this breast pump is a good fit for your need. I have tried my best to explain the features including its pros and cons. But if you still have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll try to reply as soon as possible.